Why choose Arctic Whale Tours?
We have over 10 years of experience with operating whale safaris in arctic waters and we know how to provide an unforgettable whale watching experience while making sure that the whales are not harmed by our activities.
In Tromsø, there are many different safaris to choose from and it can be difficult to decide which one to join.
Below are a few facts that we hope will make it easier for you to choose Arctic Whale Tours for your whale safari adventure while in Tromsø
- A qualified and experienced naturalist guide with firsthand knowledge about the whales and the local culture will always accompany you on the trip. The rest of the crew has also tens of years of experience at sea and have done numerous whale safaris earlier.
- We follow international guidelines for responsible whale watching and we were, in fact, one of the first operators in Norway to commit to these guidelines in 2011.
- Our ship, MS Jacquelyne offers whale watching facilities that few other vessels can match: The saloon indoors is equipped with large windows on both sides of the ship, the deck provides 360-degree-views of the sea and there is a possibility to view the whales from the roof of the ship as well. This means that there is a good spot to view whales for every single guest.
- We offer coffee and tea during the entire trip and on the way back to the harbor, we serve fish soup made of local ingredients.
- The atmosphere on our tours is relaxed - we're never in a hurry to get back to the harbour. Should the whales be a little bit farther away on some day, we'll rather spend an extra hour to go to them instead of returning empty handed.
- In 2014 we were awarded TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence for continuously having provided a high quality product to our guests. We continue this work today and our goal is that you, as our guest, shall have as good a whale safari experience as possible.